Background

9.16.2010

Thoughts On Parties

Today was more shopping. I bought two new plaid shirts, and afterward we went out for very good (and inexpensive) Chinese food. Tomorrow will probably be the same, though I have to set up a bank account in the morning.

Tonight, like last night, I'm staying in. I'm really not much of a partier. When Fresher's Week is over, I'll actually be happy, since I won't have to decide whether I'm going out or not. The two student unions on campus have events every night this week, and many of my flatmates are going to most of them. I'd honestly rather stay home and hang out (which we have really never done without going out afterward), or maybe go to a pub. But if lots of people come to the pub, it's not a nice conversation anymore--its a party--and people drink more, and then want to go out somewhere else after the pub closes. Like I say, once school starts next week, people will have more reasons to not drink so much and stay out so late. I'm looking forward to it.

Don't be alarmed if I decide to skip a day or so of blogging. I'm not sure how much longer I can come up with new interesting things to say on a daily basis. We'll see.

No comments: