Background

9.03.2010

Silver Linings

I still haven't heard from the UK Border Agency. And because of Labor Day, I likely won't until Tuesday. My original flight was on Sunday, so I'm going to have to act fast in the morning to change or cancel my flight. My mother is actually on the phone right now with Travelocity, trying to get somewhere with refunds. We'll see.

I've been really stressed these past few days. As you can probably tell. One thing that I keep being reminded of is to think positive. Maybe everything seems messed up. But it's not hopeless. There are some good points. 1) I am still going to Scotland, eventually. 2) I get to go to the PAX convention this Sunday and celebrate geekiness. 3) I get to avoid Hurricane Earl altogether, whether or not it is a strong storm or passes by my flight path. 4) I will get more time to pack, because with this whole debacle I have lost interest in packing. 5) More people will be moved into my flat by the time I arrive, so it won't feel so empty. And if I sit here long enough, I could probably come up with more reasons. I just need to focus on them.

As you've probably noticed, I've kept up with blogging every day of September so far. Let me tell you a bit about that. There are some cool people who did BEDA, or Blog Every Day August. And then, someone else has decided to do it in September. While I do not feel completely comfortable with their acronym, Blog Every Weekday Besides Important Evenings in September (come on, does it have to spell that?), I want to try daily blogging, at least in September. When I get to Scotland, I'm going to have a lot to talk about. But I need a new acronym... I'll get back to you on that. Leave suggestions if you are inspired.
~
Photo: A picture I took in Seattle a few days ago. The building in the background, Columbia Center, is the tallest building in the Pacific Northwest region. The chance to be in this beautiful city is another reason I'm glad to hang around a little longer.

No comments: