Background

9.12.2010

Shopping and Dancing

Yesterday, I went shopping with one of my flatmates. It was such an incredible day. As we walked toward the shops, we passed a bagel shop, and I got coffee and a bagel with bacon and cream cheese (it was delicious). After passing a few of the nearby shops, we decided to take the subway into town. It was such a short ride, I feel blessed that I'm so close to town.

Downtown, there are tons of shops, including two pound shops (dollar stores), plenty of department stores, an HMV (music and games and movies), and much more. The department store we wetnt to, Primark, had very cute stuff at a very low price. We're going to have to go back when I feel like I can spend money on clothes.

While we were walking around downtown, there was one fiddler, two guitarists (one had electric), and two different places where someone played bagpipes and the other played the drum beside him. And they wore kilts. Kilts are very common here, and especially when guys in Scotland are dressing up, like to a prom--a kilt is almost always what they wear, rather than suit bottoms. This culture is fantastic.

That night, I went to one of the two student unions on campus, GUU, Glasgow University Union, with most of my 10 flatmates. Ministry of Sound was the DJ. There were three or four floors, two dance floors (the main one was where the advertised DJ was at), at least four bars, and hundreds of people. Despite the sticky floor and difficulty walking around due to how many people were there, it was a blast.

I'm just waking up now, it's about noon where I am. I'm doing my best to do one blog a day, but if I skip a day, forgive me, I have so much to do.
~
Photo: For those of you who are Doctor Who fans, I had to buy these. For obvious reasons. If you aren't a fan, in the older shows of Doctor Who, the Doctor eats these things called Jelly Babies.

1 comment:

Rev. Maria Dancing Heart Hoaglund said...

Good to hear about all the fun you're having, Hun! Enjoy it -- for me, too ;)love, dancing heart~~~