Background

9.04.2010

Plugging Along

This morning, we weren't able to get anywhere with Icelandair. Travelocity was willing to waive their flight change fee, but Icelandair didn't budge on theirs, and it was much more money. So, 24 hours before our scheduled flight, we canceled our tickets, losing half our ticket money.

I'm doing my best to think positively about next week. That I'll hear as early as Tuesday from the UK Border Agency, that I'll be able to fly out by the end of the week, that I'll easily reschedule my adviser appointment. Wish me luck.

For the rest of the day, I watched episodes of NCIS and Rizzoli and Isles and played Civilization 4 (computer game, if you don't know) with my dad. I ate fresh bread with clam chowder for lunch and then sushi for dinner. It all helped me unwind.

Then, tomorrow, I go to the gaming convention craziness that it PAX! Apparently there are four floors and events going on all day and hundreds of booths. And free stuff. Everyone loves free stuff. Especially geeky stuff. I'll have plenty to say about that in my next post.

No photo that fits today. Maybe I'll do that every other day. I won't always have something interesting to say or some picture that sort of relates to it. But I want to stick with it! And I'm still thinking about an acronym.

No comments: