Background

9.18.2010

Freshers Week

Freshers' week is intense. I don't know how people go out every single night and drink and stay up till 3 or 4am just to do it again the next night. There are two student unions, and both have events going every night. Apparently the unions spend most of their money this week and then hope that students come back during the year to pay it all back.

Myself, I've only gone out about three nights in the past six, and as many of you know, I'm not much of a drinker. So I'm not as tired and bruised as some people, but I don't feel a need to go out every night. It's fun though, and when you are around drunk people, it's easier to be crazy without alcohol.

Monday is the first day of classes for many people at my university. I don't have a timetable yet, and I don't even know my classes. I have to go to registration and enrollment on Monday instead, which will probably take up my whole day. Most of my flatmates say they usually don't drink or party as much as they are now, so it will be interesting to finally be around them in a "normal" setting to see how much they do work when they need to.

Sorry about the lack of pictures, but I haven't had time. I might take my camera with me today when we go shopping.

No comments: