Background

9.08.2010

The Big Day

Tomorrow morning I leave for Scotland.

It really is nearly a whole day's flight. Leaving the west coast in the morning, I arrive in Scotland in the afternoon, the next day. Traveling time, including layovers, is 18 hours total. It'll be intense.

And one more twist--my mom can't come, because the fees are now too high to buy her ticket. So I'll be going on my first flight alone, and it's international, the second-longest flight I've ever been on. The longest was probably from here to Rome, about five years ago when I went on a Europe trip with my classmates.

I've spent the past day packing up my whole room, to either store or bring with me or send via snail mail. I've cried a little, stressed a lot, took a break, and felt better. As I wrote in my journal, I'm excited beyond words, but it's hidden behind anxiety. I think I'm as prepared as I can be, though, so I'm sure I'll be alright.

Short blog today, and no picture--I need to devote my time to packing and other details. If I can't fit in a blog tomorrow, it's probably because I'm traveling. But never fear, I'll come back the next day with a lot to share.
~
At the moment, I have my music on random, and this song started playing:
"I'm going home, to the place where I belong... be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it all..." - Home, by Daughtry. Yes, the meaning of the song as a whole is different from these lines out of context, but I can't help relating it to how I feel about this trip.

No comments: