Background

9.14.2010

Peas and Queues

Today was a slow day, and I really enjoyed it. We went to the Freshers' Fair at the university, got lots of pamphlets thrown at us and free pizza shouted at us and such. I bought a university sweatshirt, and thought about buying postcards, but decided they were too expensive at the university store.

Afterward, I went to my adviser appointment. It seems the two curriculums (my old and new school) are only slightly different, and the adviser I talked to is going to see if he can get me the notes on the topics I may have to catch up with. He was a very nice guy, hopefully he'll be my long-term adviser.

Then I did some grocery shopping, and came home. I finally went to the nicer grocery store, where the veggies and fruits are much fresher and they have a real fish-and-meat deli. It was incredibly windy today, and a bit rainy on the way home. In the morning, security guys came around telling us to shut our windows, so that nothing gets broken in the wind and so we don't expect them to fix things (we'd have to pay anyway). Instead of going out dancing tonight, we're going to a bar to just chill and talk and drink a bit. I'm really bonding well with my flatmates, for which I am incredibly grateful.

Not much else to say today. The rest of the week I don't have anything planned, so downtown shopping or sightseeing are good possibilities.

Scottish Word Of The Day: You are not standing "in line." You are standing "in a queue." I feel like I'm trying too hard to fit in whenever I say it, but it's actually what they say. "Are you in the queue?" "The queue was too long, so I couldn't get into the event."
~
Photo: Credit goes to this person. I thought you guys deserved a good view of the main building, but I didn't have time take the photo myself. More pictures of my own to come, I hope...

No comments: