Background

5.10.2011

To Readers and Writers of Blogs

Given this surge of inspiration I have to write, I think it's time for me to challenge myself. Last September I wrote a blog a day for a month, and it seemed to go well. It's true that I had all the new stuff about Scotland to write about to keep things interesting, but I know I can do it again. I haven't written daily since then, and honestly since last summer when I kept a journal. It'd be a good exercise for me.

Not only that, but I feel like my blog is failing a little with how few visitors I'm getting compared to late last year. Various people I know have told me that they read my blog once in a while. But how are they supposed to continue if I only post once a month?

In addition to daily posts, I want to start encouraging you, the reader, to comment on my blogs. It helps me know I'm being read, and can help me improve my writing or come up with more things to blog about. I'm going to try to write about more things that are comment-able, rather than just my daily life. I might ask questions for you to answer. I hope that all of this will also inspire you to blog--at least those who have blogs that are just sitting there, you know who you are. I'll aim to comment back on your posts as well. And if you have a blog that you don't think I know about, comment below!

Perhaps I'll throw this question out there, which will hopefully help more people than just me: What makes you want to comment on a blog?

~

How To Comment
On a technical note, I know a few of you might not have been aware you could comment on my posts, or are unsure how. There are two ways:
  1. When you are looking at my homepage (where all of my recent posts are visible), at the bottom of each post is the number of comments that have been left. If you click on this, you will see a pop-up with all the comments and a space for you to write your own.
  2. When you are looking at a specific post (where there is only one post visible on the page), all of the comments on that post are listed at the bottom of the page. Below them is a link that says "Post A Comment." Again, when you click, a pop-up will appear in which you can leave your own comment.

4 comments:

Calum said...

First!

What makes me want to write a blog?
Well, I don't keep a blog but a diary, and I have an audio one as I'm lazy :) I find it very amusing to look back on old posts/recordings, see what I was thinking. Recordings are interesting as I've never listened to my own voice before much, I sound way less manly than I think I do.

Livi70590 said...

Why are you declaring struct sockaddr_in yourself? Don't do that.

Anonymous said...

What makes me want to comment on a blog?

poor attempts at humour by calef...

Unknown said...

I've always been a passive reader of content online; I prefer to "upvote" or "like" something rather than make a comment, unless I have a question or something relevant to add.

If I do comment, though, it's because I have a question or would like to learn more about something.