Background

5.23.2011

Arizona, Day One

The last leg of my flight to AZ was an interesting one. Almost the entire time I could look out my window and see distant lightning in the clouds. The turbulence was a little intense at times as well. And seeing Phoenix from the air was amazing, lights as far as the eye can see. Apparently it's the second most populated city in the US.

My first day in AZ was fun. Brunch at a nice cafe where I got an "Egg Sammie," or eggs (I chose scrambled) with my choice of other things, of which I chose provolone, ham, and bacon, on an everything bagel. With coffee. Definitely satisfying.

Then I printed out the first revision (second version) of my book. I love having a physical copy, it makes how much work I've done on it feel so much more real. I also got new pens to commemorate. Now I can really get the second edit started.

The highlight of the evening was a Japanese restaurant. It was odd though, since I ate sushi beside a fish tank. Eating fish. It felt a bit cruel, like I was making them watch me eat their brothers. Nevertheless, it was delicious. Also, my mom is getting to know the owner of the place through an interesting networking connection, and so she let us try a bit of one of her specialties for free: the darker meat of a tuna cooked in a teriyaki-type sauce. Very tasty.

Tomorrow will probably be more reading and writing, with some more delicious food. Perhaps Mexican in the evening. Haven't had a decent burrito in months.

Also, the heat hasn't been unbearable yet, but could be by the end of the week.

No comments: