Background

5.28.2011

Japanese Friendship Garden

I'm a day late, but so it goes when you're on vacation. The Japanese Friendship Garden was gorgeous. They've kept it true to customs, including the rule that you can't see everything from the entrance--instead you continuously discover different areas.

They let you feed the koi fish, so they came right up to me when I took pictures. I didn't even have to use food, they just thought I had some (sorry, fish). There were so many of them, in so many different colors.

The heat's been intense, but bearable. Today we're going swimming at a friend's pool, which will be perfect for a day of 98F/37C temperatures. Don't get me wrong, though. I welcome a break from the rain and chill of Scotland.

I've started editing my book again, and been enjoying having it in physical form. My new red pen is getting a lot of use. I'm also thinking it's time to look for an agent.

I finished On Writing, by Stephen King, as well. More about that tomorrow next time.

No comments: