Background

12.13.2010

Back In America

Staying up till my flight at 6am was probably not the best idea. I was exhausted for both of my flights, so much so that the intense security didn't even bother me, I just wanted it over with. That aside, I'm happy to be home for a while.

We got a Christmas tree yesterday, which smells wonderful. I'm crashing on the couch usually, and it's fun to have the tree lights on at night.

It was so rainy this weekend there were flood warnings, and the local news was all over it like there was nothing else to talk about. I'm hoping we'll get snow before Christmas, though. It's been so long since I've had a white Christmas. There's rain/snow mix in the forecast, so we'll see.

It's interesting to be back in the US. At first I honestly thought it was strange to hear other people speak with the same accent as me, I've almost gotten used to being the one speaking differently. I also immediately noticed how commercialized this area is compared to Glasgow. Wendy's and Red Robin on every corner, where in Scotland the closest thing to a restaurant chain is the "local chippy" (which of course isn't a chain at all).

I'm almost used to the time difference already, but I still manage to chat with friends back in Scotland. Looking forward to a few weeks from now when I see my friends from Canada. Till then, I have touristy stuff planned.
~
Photo: Taken in West Seattle this summer. My Scottish friends are making me appreciate the mountains in this area even more lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you!!
I'll figure out trains/travel plans when finals are over, and talk to Kathleen, too. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!

PS. I'm also super excited about the HP exhibit.

PPS. Is there a money converter in the train station, either in Van or where I'm supposed to get off? Cause Imma need US moneys :P