Background

11.27.2010

Snow

Thanksgiving is over, my birthday is over, I've had my first peppermint mocha, and it snowed last night.

It finally feels like it's time to break out the Christmas music.

I've only got one more week of classes. The workload isn't quite as bad as I expected, mostly because two of the projects were much easier than I thought they'd be. Still got a couple of reports, some code to finish up, and a presentation, but it's almost the end.

I've been waiting for it to snow for at least a week or two now. Back home, they had the first "White Thanksgiving" since 1985. It just doesn't snow this early there. And I had to miss it.

Last night I went to bed early, noting that there was supposed to be snow by the time I woke up in the morning. But I'd barely slept an hour before I woke up to screaming outside. I pulled back the curtain and saw at least an inch of snow, with the big wet flakes coming down fast, and half the residence outside in it, throwing snowballs and squealing with happiness. I nearly went out and joined a few of my flatmates, but I was warm and comfortable and instead planned to go out in the morning. Needless to say it was hard to fall asleep after that. I really hope the snow will stay for a while.

Photo: Taken at the nearby park after the snowfall this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, my dear :)
I love reading your blogs, btw...it makes me feel like I get to experience things with you!!

Happy 20th, you're more adult-like than before!! I was going to say you're an adult now! but that's not really true...you were ALREADY officially an adult! But 20 just seems like you're REALLY an adult. you know?
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the snow! Make a snowman or something! We've already lost our snow here...hoping for more, soon!!

When I started this, I definitely had something else to tell you, but i've forgotten what it was...

Well, anyways, I can't wait to see you in Seattle this Christmas! And then bring you back to Van!! :)

Love you!!!
-Cat