Background

11.06.2010

Remember, Remember

As far as NaNoWriMo goes, I'm not sure I'm gonna make it. Wednesday and Thursday I did the daily amount, and it wasn't too bad. Friday I skipped it for an impromptu fireworks outing. And this weekend I realized I'm now three days behind, and it's not going to get any easier. I'm not going to have any time for fun things if I work this hard. So I'm considering the goal I had last summer, of 500 words a day, which is doable, but I'll get at most 15,000 words this month instead of 50,000. I hope to even stick to that, but who knows. At least from all this I've begun writing again. That's probably what I needed most. Also, I chose to start the sequel to my first book instead of a new story. So if the first book goes anywhere, at least I have some fodder for the second. I've also come up with a number of things I need to change in the first book, which I might not have noticed if I hadn't done this. Silver linings, you see.

The fireworks were good, but not amazing... the fireworks at Lake Union for July 4th were definitely better. The celebration was for Guy Fawkes day, but as no one in my flat is British, no one really knew more than that. Fireworks show? No matter why, let's go.

Excuse me while I go have a lazy weekend.

Photo: You can guess, right? I did take it myself, if you were wondering.

No comments: