Background

5.18.2010

Heating Up

I'm finally getting some short-term goals set for my novel. For the next two weeks I'm going to edit two chapters a day, with a red pen. Then, I'll use some program or poster board to map out the whole plot, and look at it and make any changes that are necessary. Then I'll start with the rewriting. If I don't make a plan like this, I get very easily overwhelmed and then get very little done. Never a good thing...

Otherwise, the job hunt's been challenging. I applied for volunteering at my local PAWS shelter, so that might be something I'll do. I've been working on my mindset about summer... I have to be okay with not being productive, and give myself a break... summer's all about having fun!

It's not quite summer weather here yet, but it sure feels like it sometimes. When it's the middle of the night and I have my window wide open, that's a sure sign summer's here. I have to admit though, I'm more of a fall/spring/winter person. I'm not a happy camper in too much heat.

Photo: From my trip to Hawaii last year. Summer-y thoughts to ya!

No comments: