Background

5.30.2007

The Sound of Music

Music has always made me smile. Right now, out my window, I'm suddenly hearing a harmonica played somewhere in the neighborhood. I am happily surprised when this happens, especially when my mom is playing the classical radio station and I suddenly hear a bassoon. Now that we have plans to move this summer, I am incredibly sad to leave the place where I learned to play the bassoon. My instructor and fellow musicians on Whidbey have been wonderful to learn from and play with. I thought about this as I rehearsed Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest in band today for the concert tomorrow night. I suppose it's time for another big change in my life, but I won't stop playing the bassoon if I can help it. I may have stopped my piano lessons, but I don't plan to stop learning about this most incredible wind instrument.

Photo: Can you see the bassoons in the middle, with the cute Japanese tourists behind the fence? Taken in London at Buckingham Palace during the changing of the guard.

No comments: