Background

5.21.2007

Comparing and Contrasting

Why is it so important to learn this type of essay in high school? It seems the teachers get together and plot when to hit their students, at the same time, with essays. I've discovered through the already prevailing stress at school, my essays don't seem to be getting better, especially when I'm under a time limit. After this week, I refuse to write any more of them.

Photo: For my first post, I decided to include an interesting picture from a tourist trap on my trip to California last summer: the Drive-Through Chandelier Tree in Leggett, CA. Height: 315 ft., Diameter: 21 ft., Maximum Age: 2400 years. [I will occasionally include random photos like this. :D]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I really like your new website! Cool that you used that picture... and I like your first entry -- very "inviting" :)

Keep up the good work! I can hardly wait to see how mine turns out!

Love & big hugs, maria/mom

RMN said...

Holy Monkies!! I've been there!! It's one of my favorite tourist spots. It's that one redwood forest by the bay area right?

paperbackdragon said...

Yep, sure is! Told you I've been to the redwood forests! :P