Background

3.29.2012

Book Review #5: Of Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters

Book 5: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, by Douglas Adams

Another crazy adventure with Arthur Dent. Zaphod Beeblebrox is looking for the ruler of the Universe, on a mission that he only recently remembered. At one point they end up at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, a very imaginative place, where people can go to see what happens at the End and enjoy a good supper at the same time. The plot seemed slightly contrived and just a bit confusing, but there were certainly funny parts, and is a good choice if you're just looking for laughs, not seriousness.

I enjoyed this one a bit more than the first, though that could have been because it took me a few times to get through the first one and the jokes were old by then. I especially like the ending scene, but I won't spoil it.

I've tried to get through the third book, to no avail. It's not holding my attention and I'm more in the mood for epic fantasy. Don't know if I'll continue this series, but if I do, I'll post my reviews here.

No comments: