Background

8.24.2010

Wondering

Eleven days and a wake-up.

Then I board the plane to Scotland.

It's a little unreal. I haven't packed yet. We did a garage sale this past weekend, but I didn't sell much more than an old HitClips keychain music player and a Russian nesting doll shaped like a cat (the smallest doll inside it was a mouse). My mother sold more of her stuff. We've started going through old photos and other boxes, since my mother's moving too, in about a month. But it doesn't really feel like I'm leaving. Sure, when I went to Canada, it felt like a big step. I was finally leaving home to live somewhere else for a while. But this time? When I come back, my house won't be here. There will be people I can stay with, but the building that really feels like home won't be mine anymore. You could say that I'm officially moving out.

I've moved a lot in my life, and not just houses. I went to three different elementary schools, two different middle schools, and then I got out of high school early (sort of) and went to community college. Now, I'm going to my second university. I can't say that I'm used to it, but I've done this before. Leaving everything I know behind and starting new, making new friends along the way. But before, it was all around the Pacific Northwest. This time, it's halfway across the world.

It's been a dream of mine to spend time somewhere in the UK or Ireland. A lifelong dream. Sure, I'm not that old. But I've had this dream since before I can remember. Now that it's here, I constantly wonder. Will it be as amazing as I hope?
~

ATTTENTION: I have made the decision to move my blog to a new URL in about a week, just before I leave for Scotland, to paperbackdragon.blogspot.com. There will be one or two more blogs from me in the meantime, at the current URL. I'll keep you posted.

Photo: The Doctor's red converse. If you're a Whovian, you'll know what I mean. I've started taking more photos these days, since I got a new camera. This one I used as my "deviant ID" on the new account I started at deviantart.com. Go check out my photos. I'll leave a link on the left side of my blog, too. I may post more photos there before too long.

No comments: