Background

2.01.2010

Making The Day Better, And A Writing Update

Last Monday wasn't a good day. Started out with a bad dream, then various annoying things happened all day including not having my iPod charged and forgetting my umbrella, until the day got better in the evening when I finally got to watch my Monday night TV shows, namely Chuck, 24, and Heroes. Today, it's different. I woke up to go get a cinnamon roll at the cafeteria, and checked my mail to find the coat I'd ordered quite a while ago finally arrived. Despite the fact that I have a quiz today and I had to do errands during my two-hour break, I treated myself to a Japanese lunch. Plus, tonight I get to watch my favorite shows again. Lesson: if you ever fear (or even think you know) you will have a bad day, make it good. It's possible.

This weekend I had some extra time, but instead of writing I listened to a radio show on BBC Radio 2 hosted by David Tennant and Catherine Tate. They're brilliant. But because I seem to not have motivation every weekend, and next week I have midterms, I'm putting off writing until my winter break (extended a week because of the Olympics!), when I don't have other things to do or distract me. I'm so close to the end of my first draft that I am setting a goal to finish it over the break.

Photo: A lovely picture I took a while ago of my favorite sushi... unagi. Eel, for those of you who don't speak sushi.

No comments: