Background

2.07.2010

Starstruck

I don't quite know why, but I've been a bit of a fangirl lately, thanks to my friend who introduced me to Doctor Who. It's brought up my old desire to travel to Scotland or Ireland or England or somewhere awesome over there on the British Isles... one day, mark my words, I'll get there! Anyway, if you haven't heard of Doctor Who, or have but haven't watched any episodes, I highly recommend it, especially the seasons with the 10th doctor, David Tennant. What a cute little Scottish bloke... and so, so sad I had to get into the show after he leaves it.

I'm also following Neil Gaiman on twitter (@neilhimself), and enjoying it. He's such a great author (please, please read American Gods, it's brilliant), and these days he's winning all sorts of awards and doing all kinds of cool geeky things. For example, meeting Felicia Day (star of The Guild another must-see if you haven't), and possibly, eventually, writing an episode of Doctor Who... I really need to start reading some of his other stuff, like The Sandman. I mean to try to do that over the coming break. When I'm not writing my own fantasy stories, of course.

Photo: I haven't been able to take many pictures these days, so I'll give you a little snapshot of all the Doctors over the years. David Tennant is the one on the left, in the middle.

1 comment:

Jeremy List said...

Doctor Who is great!