Background

1.17.2010

My Methods Of De-Stressing


The workload at school is gradually increasing, and it's about the time I need to stop and convince myself to not worry. I feel guilty procrastinating and then find out later I hadn't needed to worry about it, since it took so little time. I thought I'd share a few ways I've been de-stressing, since everyone has to work on it these days.

As for ways to escape my current reality (aka TV and movies, I haven't had time for books), I've been watching Chuck and Heroes, and my friends are getting me hooked on Dr. Who and 24. I try not to miss a single episode of any of them! Another friend is into football, and I've been watching a few games with her, rooting for her teams. Also, I went to see Daybreakers yesterday. It was a bit too gory for me but the storyline was well done, how they created a world taken over by vampires.

I was also reminded of one of my favorite logic puzzles today, found at the Conceptis website. Doing a puzzle like Pic-a-Pix or playing tetris on Facebook with some good music (Metric, The Killers, etc. etc.) are great ways of de-stressing! Or procrastinating...

In other news, I managed to make my goal of 1000 words of my story this weekend! I think I'll do 1000 each weekend, plus another 500 during the week if I can. I didn't write much yesterday, and I was worried I'd run out of time to write it all today, but I finished. Plus a few extra words. I'm writing the climactic scene; my story is getting very close to being done. I'm excited.

Picture: A simple completed Pic-a-Pix puzzle. They're a bit time-consuming, but it's very satisfying to see the picture at the end.

No comments: