Background

6.11.2011

New Digs

Moved into my new flat today. Haven't met everyone, but it's a nice place. Top floor! I like it much better than the ground floor, where I was before, but it was a pain to bring all my stuff up today. Also, bigger fridges, and fewer people. I don't get my own sink in my room anymore, but the rest is a relief. Not much else happening, mainly getting used to being in Scotland again. Saw the cutest kitten today, my boyfriend's sister got it for her kids (I should have taken pictures...). Work starts Monday, so I won't have to come up with things to do for many more days. I'll have to spend tomorrow unpacking anyway.

Monday after work, I think I'll go to this vegan restaurant/bar with my boyfriend that's just down the street. He's vegetarian, so he's happy to know he can have anything on the menu. They have "meat-free Mondays," kind of a joke because they are always meat-free, but they have a "2 courses for £8" deal all day, plus student discounts.

Also nearby is a Korean restaurant, which I go to frequently with friends, even before I moved here. Now, it's right down the street, and they give discounts for take-out sushi. Definitely doing that. Often.

I'm generally closer to everything, even uni, because I'm more in town than before. My last flat was on the edge of a really residential area, with not as many nice shops. Now I'm a block away from a street with a Tesco, cafes to write in, bars to hang out in, and places to eat. This will be a good summer.

3 comments:

Rev. Maria Dancing Heart Hoaglund said...

Sounds good, Hon! You ARE going to have a Great Summer.... I can feel it ;) What's "uni," by the way?

Happy0 said...

awwwww yeahhh =p (as the phrase goes)

paperbackdragon said...

Mom: uni = university.

Gordon: haha :D