Background

1.09.2012

A New Vision Of The Future

I'm back in Glasgow, and it's only a few hours before my first class of the term. We had quite an adventure flying back, including having to stay overnight at a hotel near the airport in Schipol. But it all worked out in the end, with no additional costs for us, and no luggage was lost. Now that I'm back, it feels strange.

After spending that time back in Seattle, I realized more than ever before how homesick I am. I thought Glasgow might be the start of a life in the UK, but I'm not as taken with it as I thought I might be. The people are amazing, and I don't regret coming here for a moment. But I don't see myself here long-term. I've started looking into opportunities back in Seattle for work after I graduate this year, including Microsoft and Google. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll have so many other opportunities as well, in the Seattle area, if both of those fall through. I think moving back, at least for a while, will help me decide if it's where I want to live long-term. Maybe I'll come back to Europe. For now, though, my sights are set on the Emerald City.

In the meantime, I'll be doing my best to defeat the stress and enjoy the heavy workload of this next -- and last -- term at the University of Glasgow. If this is actually my last term of school for good, I want to give it my all.

No comments: