Background

8.09.2009

Past, Present, and Future

It has been quite a while. My life has certainly changed since I posted something... wow, nearly a year ago? In just about three weeks, I'll be leaving for UBC Vancouver. I'm super excited. This blog may be a good way to keep people updated about what I'm up to in the coming months, and be an outlet for my writing when I'm not up to working on my novel. That in itself is overwhelming, and a slow process. But like I've said before, I'm not giving up on it.

I am in an odd space of being very ready to leave home, yet terribly sad I have to leave all my friends. Leaving and saying goodbye to people I've come to know and love seems to be a theme in my life. I've never stayed at one school for more than two years, and I've moved quite a few times. This time is different, though: I'm going to a whole other country. Sure, it's only a few hours away, but it's farther than I've ever moved, and my parents aren't coming with me this time. I will be even more of a "stranger in a strange land." It's my own adventure. Bring it on.

Expect more from me in the coming weeks!

Photo: A gorgeous lily in my front yard. It smells amazing. There are three of these plants and they're just starting to bloom, so in no time our whole little garden will smell heavenly.

No comments: