Background

9.06.2008

One Hurdle Down... Many More To Go

I've kept going with that 500 word/day (excluding weekends) goal, and I've recently gone over 60,000 words and 200 pages. I'm also fairly close to the end of my storyline, as it is right now anyway. It sounds like a lot until you go to a bookstore and see those thick, juicy epic fantasy novels that are at least 300-400 pages. And I know this story will need a lot of revisions, certainly because of all its inconsistencies. But I'm going to keep plugging along... If I haven't said this before, a common reason why people don't get published is because they give up. So I'm not going to give up. We'll see where it takes me. And by the way, starting this coming Wednesday for about a week, I'm going to the east coast to be at my half-sister's wedding. I think I might try to blog a few times while I'm there, possibly take some pictures. Stay tuned!

Photo: The Eiffel Tower. Need I say more? Of course, this was when they were still battling to see who would host the 2012 summer olympic games, so you can see the colorful sign saying "Paris 2012" over the arch.

No comments: